Hooray! I got a new book last night. It’s Maria Menounos’ guide to being lovely and awesome and organized. Over the past 3 years, I’ve done some re-aligning in my life – some involuntary and unwelcome, but all rewarding and fulfilling. Lately, I’ve been feeling particularly inspired and motivated with my career, my health, and my house. I’ve found that when I focus on these three things, everything else seems easier to organize and handle. And I’m happy. And we’re happy, Andrew and me.
Since I’ve been slugglish here for the past few months, I’ll catch you up on what we’ve been accomplishing!
- The biggest, most exciting news is that our powder/laundry/mudroom is coming together so well! After rebuilding the entire back wall of our house, reinforcing the floor joists/support, and installing plumbing+HVAC+electric from scratch, we’re finally insulated, dry-walled, and well-lighted!
- I’m working *admittedly* slowly and steadily on the guest room. After sanding down the super-grit walls, scraping the most stubborn trim, and spackling those plaster walls, I have the first coat of paint up. Unfortunately, I have zero progress photos, but picture Sherwin Williams’ Sedate Grey (but the Olympic version, cross-referenced at Lowes) with soft white trim and warm wood floors. Then picture these colorful, white framed prints over the bed! No more spilling tonight! But the big reveal involves some $13 a piece lamps from Lowes and some adorable side tables from Homegoods! Eeeee! Can ya’ wait!?
- Our kitties are being cute in the midst of this renovation hurricane…
- And I’ve been collecting super stylish photos like this to share in my blog…
- A note on the “health” improvements: I’m finally able to exercise again (after my rib fracture) and I’m loving it. Every mile. Every sore muscle. I’m challenging myself and feeling accomplished. The perfect, crisp, fresh-scented fall weather helps a little. I haven’t made it back to trail running with Andrew yet, but I do miss views like this during my workouts..
- Oh, and I suppose cute garden photos like these are significant, too. I mean, those hostas are HUGE. That field mouse is, too!
I can’t wait to share more fun and designer updates!