As promised, here are a few pendant fixtures I’m considering to hang over our corner kitchen table. I love modern fixtures as well as industrial style and glass. I also love a good shade. Decisions, Decisions. Below the pictures, I share my considerations and criteria.
Some things to consider in the space when choosing our fixture:
- The window-pane mirror on the wall. I’m not sure yet if this will be white or stained to match the door beside it. Either way, a light will reflect in it and might be better if it’s on the simple side.
- Hardware is dark bronze, trim is white, and door is stained – could coordinate with any of these.
- If a color, I’m avoiding green, grey, and yellow.
- Wood door is stained – so we could choose a wood globe.
- Hanging height; we have bench seating around the table so it can’t be too low.
- Scale: is it substantial enough? I’m thinking 12-16″ diameter is appropriate for our space.
- I don’t know if I want to see the light bulb (like some of the options below), so a shade might be nice.
- Amount of light? Is there enough? Is it warm? We know it will be on a dimmer, but at it’s brightest, we should see well!